- Broad coalition of mortgage industry and housing associations call for liquidity facility for servicers April 5, 2020
The statement asks the government to provide the "final piece of the puzzle" – a liquidity facility for single-family and multifamily servicers. The post Broad coalition of mortgage industry and housing associations call for liquidity facility for servicers appeared first on HousingWire.
- [PULSE] Forbearance 2020: Standing on the precipice April 5, 2020
By virtually eliminating any barrier to entry to obtain forbearance, policy makers have created outrageous moral hazard with potential costs that are unfathomable. The post [PULSE] Forbearance 2020: Standing on the precipice appeared first on HousingWire.
- The Profitable Publisher, Part One: Digital Media Businesses as Funnels April 4, 2020
Ever since I worked at Travelzoo, I’ve thought about digital media businesses as funnels. You attract readers to the top of the funnel, your website, through search, social, and other content distribution platforms like Flipboard. You move readers to the middle of the funnel with loyalty products like email newsletters and podcasts. You can also […]
- AIME’s Anthony Casa on the mortgage industry’s most pressing topics April 3, 2020
HousingWire CEO Clayton Collins sat down with Association of Independent Mortgage Experts Chairman Anthony Casa to discuss some of the most pressing issues pertaining to the housing industry as the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 continues to create uncertainty within the market. HW+ Premium Content The post AIME’s Anthony Casa on the mortgage industry’s most pressing […]
- 5 principles housing professionals should employ to help consumers April 3, 2020
During a pandemic, it is more important than ever that housing and finance professionals understand the nature of our reactions to trauma and how to provide leadership to both grow your business and support your communities. The post 5 principles housing professionals should employ to help consumers appeared first on HousingWire.
- Coronavirus pandemic exposes weaknesses of iBuyer model April 3, 2020
The main criticism of the iBuying model is that it will only ever be effective for a very limited number of houses, and only during certain economic cycles. In the midst of an unprecedented global pandemic, iBuyers are suffering along with every other business type. HW+ Premium Content The post Coronavirus pandemic exposes weaknesses of […]
- Broker Nick Solis answers five questions on lasting lessons from 2008 April 3, 2020
Broker-LO Nick Solis shares the lessons from 2007-2009 that provide a roadmap for him today as the broker-owner of One80 Realty in the California Bay Area. The post Broker Nick Solis answers five questions on lasting lessons from 2008 appeared first on HousingWire.
- Number of homes taken off market doubles due to coronavirus April 3, 2020
There was a 148% year over year increase in homes being delisted during the week ending March 29, 2020, coming to a total of 28,140 homes. The post Number of homes taken off market doubles due to coronavirus appeared first on HousingWire.
- Mortgage lenders are tightening standards as coronavirus crisis worsens April 3, 2020
As market volatility increases due to the coronavirus pandemic, mortgage lenders are increasingly tightening their lending standards to add in increased protections against borrower default. The post Mortgage lenders are tightening standards as coronavirus crisis worsens appeared first on HousingWire.
- How does the real estate closing process work in a COVID-19 world? April 3, 2020
Despite a massive competition in the industry to be the first to move away from in-person requirements and release an “end-to-end digital mortgage,” there are still glaring parts of the real estate process that require people to meet face to face. These holes in the “fully online” process became blatantly obvious these last few weeks […]